Working at David Gray Solicitors
At David Gray Solicitors LLP we hold a firm belief that all of our employees have a vital part to play in delivering excellent service to our clients, thus maintaining our local and national reputation and growing the business.
Specific vacancies are detailed below but we continually welcome speculative applications. Applicants should apply in strictest confidence to Debora Sanderson using the form below/sending a CV and covering letter.
David Gray Solicitors LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the recruitment and employment of individuals on the basis of their qualifications, skills and experience for the work they are to perform. David Gray Solicitors LLP recruit, employ, train and promote employees regardless of an individual’s sex, marital status, civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, nationality, religion, age or disability.
Once selected, we offer a comprehensive four week induction programme where you will spend time in each of our departments. We have an open, friendly culture and you can be assured a good North East welcome.
The list of benefits you can expect at David Gray include:
- Holiday entitlement (22-27 days non-Fee Earner contract, 27-32 days Fee Earner contract)
- Maternity Pay (18 weeks full pay, 8 weeks half pay for staff with 18 months of continuous employment)
- Paternity Pay (2 weeks full pay)
- Pension scheme (matched contributions up to 5% including death benefit for staff with 12 months of continuous employment)
- Sickness pay (up to 20 days)
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounted conveyancing and free wills for staff
- Paid emergency time off for dependants
- Early finishes on Fridays
- Staff parties/gatherings/social events
- Travel schemes e.g. POP cards
- ‘Christmas Club’ Savings Scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
All applicants are requested to complete and return an equality and diversity monitoring form available HERE.
We offer a limited number of work placements per year. Our placements for 2017 are now full. If you would like a placement for 2018 please send a covering letter and CV to our Recruitment Team in October 2017.
We are accepting applications for training contracts starting in September 2018 from November 2017. Please email the recruitment team with a CV and covering letter in November if you wish to apply. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted in Spring 2018 regarding interviews.
Job Title: Conveyancing Solicitor
Salary: Salary Competitive & Negotiable
We have a full time permanent vacancy for an experienced solicitor in our busy and expanding property team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of handling a domestic conveyancing caseload of around 150 cases from commencement to completion.
- Good IT skills
- Experience of the Land Registry Portal
- Familiarity with the Law Society CQS and a commitment to best practice
- An ability to hit targets
- Good communication skills
- An ability to work as part of team
- An outgoing personality and an ability to promote and help expand the department through marketing and networking.
- Knowledge of and interest in private client including wills and probate would be an advantage although not essential.
There is also potential for the successful candidate to progress into heading up our domestic conveyancing team.
Detailed Job Description and Person Specification below.
Job Title: Immigration Paralegal
Salary: Salary Competitive
Job opportunities in our Legal 500 ranked team.
An opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal /Customer Relationship Manager to join our Immigration team based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We are looking for someone to be the first point of contact for new enquiries into the team as well as assisting the team with casework.
We provide high quality specialist advice and excellent client service. We believe that our staff are key to maintaining our local and national reputation. The ideal candidate will have good communication and client service skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
Job Description & Person Specification below
JOB DESCRIPTION Paralegal – Customer Relationship Manager (Immigration)
IMMIGRATION PARALEGAL – CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
Job Title: Administration Assistant
Salary: National Minumum Wage
We are looking for an Administration Assistant to join our team.
The successful candidate will be organised and efficient with the ability to work as part of a team and an interest in supporting the administration of a busy law firm.
Job Description & Person Specification below
Job Description – Admin Assistant
Person Specification – Admin Assistant
The post is open to applicants wishing to complete a Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship.