Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
Closing date: 01/12/2023
We are looking for a Conveyancing Solicitor with 0 to 3 years PQE to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join our busy, city centre law firm. You will be responsible for undertaking residential conveyancing work in a busy department. You’ll work closely with the property team, receive regular supervision meetings and take responsibility for more complex work within the team.
It can be a fast paced environment so an ability to uphold exceptional standards of quality and client care is essential.
Your work will involve dealing with a range of residential property transactions. This is also an exciting opportunity to get involved with business development and marketing to help grow and expand the work and team.
At David Gray you will be given support through time and financial investment to develop your career, undertake training and achieve professional accreditations.
We have a large property law department offering the full spectrum of property law services. Each solicitor within the team has dedicated PA support.
- Culture of promoting from within
- Career progression opportunities e.g. Training Contracts, Apprenticeships, Associate and Senior Associate programmes, Mentoring Programme
- Autonomous working – we employ trusted people to get on with the job in hand
- Personal development opportunities – we invest in the training and development of staff and support and pay for staff to gain relevant accreditations (e.g. children’s panel, mediation, higher rights)
- Profile raising and recognition – support in gaining listings in the Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and awards nominations.
Work life balance benefits
- Holiday entitlement (22-27 days non-Fee Earner contract, 27-32 days Fee Earner contract) plus bank holidays and extra time off at Christmas (subject to variation)
- Birthdays off in addition to holiday entitlement
- Holiday Purchase Scheme – ability to buy an extra three days
- Homeworking with flexibility
- Paid emergency time off for dependants
- Free personal time to use as you please e.g. early finishes on Fridays
- Staff parties/gatherings/social events/weekends away
- Bonus Scheme for all staff (staff are eligible after one completed financial year)
- Pension Scheme (matched contributions up to 5%)
- Death in Service benefit providing loved ones with four times your annual salary (for staff with 12 months of continuous employment)
- Maternity Pay (18 weeks full pay, 8 weeks half pay for staff with 18 months of continuous employment)
- Paternity Pay (2 weeks full pay)
- Sickness pay (up to 20 days)
- ‘Christmas Club’ Savings Scheme
- Friends and family discount for legal services and free wills for staff
- Travel schemes e.g. discounted POP cards, Railcards
Healthy you benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme -24/7 free access to counselling for you and your family members, health advice, financial assistance, life coaching and advice with practical day to day issues
- Free fresh fruit weekly & tea and coffee
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Training and information sharing via healthcare experts e.g. dementia training, on site health checks, cancer awareness, healthy eating
- Support for and involvement in charities and activities e.g. the Legal Walk, the Legal Bake, Macmillan Coffee Morning, Red Nose Day
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders