David Gray Solicitors has the largest team of specialist Mental Health solicitors in the North East. We provide advice in relation to all aspects of the Mental Health Act 1983, and represent patients before the Mental Health Tribunal and Hospital Managers.
The team consists of six specialist Solicitors who are all accredited by the Law Society to represent patients in this highly specialised area of law. Due to the size of our team we are able to represent patients in Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham and Carlisle.
We are able to visit those detained in Hospital under Section 2 of the Mental Health Act 1983 within 24 hours of contact, and within 48 hours for those detained under Section 3.
- Aftercare under Section 117
- Appeals to Upper Tribunal
- Care Programme Approach (CPA) Meetings
- Court of Protection
- Deprivation of Liberty
- Detention under the Mental Health Act
- Forensic Cases – Mentally disordered offenders
- Hospital Managers’ Hearings
- Nearest Relatives – Rights and displacement
- Supervised Community Treatment (Community Treatment Orders)
- The Mental Health Tribunal