HOME > Services > Property


    Just to say a big thank you for the work on this.  All went through very smoothly from our side, with some very good advice from you. We collected the keys today and moved some furniture in, very pleased.

    Client testimonial about Nicola Fisher - Property

Whether you are buying, selling, re-mortgaging or leasing domestic or commercial property our experienced Conveyancing and Property team will make the process as quick and easy as possible.

The property department of David Gray Solicitors LLP is accredited by The Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS).  This scheme provides a recognised quality standard for residential conveyancing practices.  Achievement of membership establishes a level of credibility for member firms with stakeholders (regulators, lenders, insurers and consumers).

We are on the panel of all major mortgage lenders and offer a full service on all property matters.


How long will it take to complete my property purchase?

On average, a transaction will usually take 8 – 12 weeks. This timeframe runs from when we receive your instructions to act for you, until completion of your purchase. There are a number of factors which will affect the time taken, including how you are funding the purchase, whether you also have a property to sell, if the property is registered with the Land Registry and other parties in the chain.

How do I claim my Help to Buy ISA bonus?

Your Conveyancer will be able to claim your bonus for you on your behalf. Once a completion date is agreed, your ISA should be closed down and you will need to provide your Conveyancer with your Closing Statement. We will also need you to sign a Help to Buy Declaration. Your Conveyancer will then request your bonus ready for the completion of your property purchase.

Are there different ways of owning a property with my partner?

Yes there are and it’s always important to consider how you are going to own a property when purchasing with somebody else. It is possible to own a property as Beneficial Joint Tenants, or as Beneficial Tenants in common, either in equal or unequal shares. Which option is best for you depends on what you want to happen to the property if one of you passes away, or if you were to separate, or if you wish to protect a financial contribution made to the property.


  • Partner
  • Solicitor
  • Solicitor
  • Solicitor
  • Solicitor
  • Trainee Solicitor
  • Conveyancer
  • Conveyancer
  • Customer Relationship Manager