Closing date: 10/07/2022
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Manager to join our team. David Gray is an award winning North East legal firm recognised for the quality of our work in Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners. We understand the vital role that effective IT plays in our success and strongly believe in constant innovation and development.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll get to:
- Manage our ICT Support Technician enabling them to provide support via a help desk to up to 100 users
- Manage and negotiate third party contracts
- Upgrade software, hardware, manage server infrastructure and implement security patches and policies
- Work closely with our Managing Partner in order to develop new efficient ways of working
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience of working with people at all levels of an organisation
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Can work independently and prioritise work effectively in a dynamic working environment
- Has excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Has an understanding of our ethos and vision
This role would suit someone with 5-10 years practical experience in an IT role within the service sector who has managed people, projects and budgets successfully. The ability to deal with people at all levels of the business and assess most critical requirements is crucial in a busy city centre law firm.
Exposure to a PMS system such as Partner for Windows and dictation platform would be advantageous.
Full job description and person specification below.
At David Gray you will be given support through time and financial investment to develop your career and undertake training.
Ask us a question!
If you have any queries about this role prior to applying, send us an email and our recruitment team will get back to you ASAP.
We are offering a joining bonus to anyone who applies directly without an agency.
- Culture of promoting from within
- Career progression opportunities
- Autonomous working – we employ trusted people to get on with the job in hand
- Personal development opportunities – we invest in the training and development of staff and support and pay for staff to gain relevant accreditations
- Profile raising and recognition – support in gaining listings in The legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, awards nominations.
Work life balance benefits
- Holiday entitlement (27-32 days) plus bank holidays and extra time off at Christmas (subject to variation)
- Birthdays off work in addition to holiday entitlement
- Holiday Purchase Scheme – ability to buy an extra three days
- Homeworking with flexibility
- Paid emergency time off for dependants
- Free personal time to use as you please e.g. early finishes on Fridays
- Staff parties/gatherings/social events/weekends away
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme (matched contributions up to 5%)
- Death in Service benefit providing loved ones with four times your annual salary (for staff with 12 months of continuous employment)
- Maternity Pay (18 weeks full pay, 8 weeks half pay for staff with 18 months of continuous employment)
- Paternity Pay (2 weeks full pay)
- Sickness pay (up to 20 days)
- ‘Christmas Club’ Savings Scheme
- Friends and family discount for legal services and free wills for staff
- Travel schemes e.g. discounted POP cards, Railcards
Healthy you benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme -24/7 free access to counselling for you and your family members, health advice, financial assistance, life coaching and advice with practical day to day issues
- Free fresh fruit weekly & tea and coffee
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Training and information sharing via healthcare experts e.g. dementia training, on site health checks, cancer awareness, healthy eating
- Support for and involvement in charities and activities e.g. the Legal Walk, the Legal Bake, Macmillan Coffee Morning
- Trained Mental Health First Aider
Right to work in the U.K. is essential.