Wills & Probate Solicitor
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Closing date: 02/09/2022
We are looking for a wills and probate solicitor with experience and excellent client care skills to join our team.
Your work will involve dealing with all aspects of wills, probate, trusts and estate administration. This is also an exciting opportunity to get involved with business development and marketing to help grow and expand the work and team.
Full time and part time hours are available via a hybrid model of home and office working.
At David Gray you will be given support through time and financial investment to develop your career, undertake training and achieve professional accreditations.
We have a large property law department offering the full spectrum of property law services. Each solicitor within the wills and probate team has dedicated PA and paralegal support.
- Culture of promoting from within
- Career progression opportunities e.g. Training Contracts, Apprenticeships, Associate and Senior Associate programmes, Mentoring Scheme
- Autonomous working – we employ trusted people to get on with the job in hand
- Personal development opportunities – we invest in the training and development of staff and support and pay for staff to gain relevant accreditations
- Profile raising and recognition – support in gaining listings in The legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, awards nominations.
Work life balance benefits
- Holiday entitlement (27-32 days) plus bank holidays and extra time off at Christmas (subject to variation)
- Birthdays off in addition to holiday entitlement
- Holiday Purchase Scheme – ability to buy an extra three days
- Homeworking with flexibility
- Paid emergency time off for dependants
- Free personal time to use as you please e.g. early finishes on Fridays
- Staff parties/gatherings/social events/weekends away
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme (matched contributions up to 5%)
- Death in Service benefit providing loved ones with four times your annual salary (for staff with 12 months of continuous employment)
- Maternity Pay (18 weeks full pay, 8 weeks half pay for staff with 18 months of continuous employment)
- Paternity Pay (2 weeks full pay)
- Sickness pay (up to 20 days)
- ‘Christmas Club’ Savings Scheme
- Friends and family discount for legal services and free wills for staff
- Travel schemes e.g. discounted POP cards, Railcards
Healthy you benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme -24/7 free access to counselling for you and your family members, health advice, financial assistance, life coaching and advice with practical day to day issues
- Free fresh fruit weekly & tea and coffee
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Training and information sharing via healthcare experts e.g. dementia training, on site health checks, cancer awareness, healthy eating
- Support for and involvement in charities and activities e.g. the Legal Walk, the Legal Bake, Macmillan Coffee Morning
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders