We can take the stress of managing your assets after your death away from your loved ones and assist with any Probate application.
Our specialist Probate solicitors are here to carry out your wishes after your death in a timely, sensitive and professional manner. We can act as executors in your Will or administer your estate. We can also provide support in dealing with all the paperwork for estates of all sizes.
Estate administration and the Probate application can be complex. It can be an overwhelming process and we can help executors to move through the process with confidence. The administration of an estate may involve the calculation and payment of inheritance tax. This will also involve timescales from the date of death for which executors must be aware of. We can ensure these are not missed and penalties not incurred.
We will ensure that executors are kept up to date in connection with progress in the case. We can draft all legal documents that are required as part of the estate administration including oaths, tax returns and final estate accounts.
We can also help you settle the affairs of someone close who has died and not made a will. We have extensive experience of dealing with the administration of estates in circumstances such as these.
- Advise you on the terms of any Will, and if no Will has been left by the deceased, advise you on the Intestacy Rules
- Help identify the assets that make up the estate as well as any liabilities
- Prepare the Probate application which may include an Inheritance Tax return where appropriate
- Arrange for the payment of any Inheritance due by the estate to HM Revenue & Customs
- Advise and deal with issues such as lifetime gifts, nil-rate bands and the distribution of the estate
In accordance with rules published by the SRA, as of December 2018 all firms offering this type of work must publish details of prices and personnel undertaking the work. Please see our dedicated fees page for more information.