?> Skip to content

Give us a ring!

You can contact us on 0191 232 9547 and our reception team will direct you to the right place. If you have the extension number of the person you’d like to speak to they have recently changed and now start with 2 instead of 1. E.g. previously ext. no. 1803 is now 2803.


How can we help?

Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt


Spouse, partner and family visa applications to enter or remain in the UK can be complicated.  If you want to apply for a family visa UK, the requirements differ depending on the family relationship involved and on the particular circumstances of those applying. 

As with all immigration applications, it is important you seek advice to ensure you make your application on the correct basis and provide the necessary evidence to ensure the best chance of success. Our specialist spouse visa lawyers and family visa lawyers can support you through the application process.

Spouse, Fiance(e) and Partner visa applications

You can apply for a visa as a spouse, fiancé (e) or partner if the following apply:

  • You and your partner are 18 or over
  • Your partner is a British citizen, settled in the UK or has refugee status or humanitarian protection

An applicant needs to meet suitability and eligibility criteria such as having an approved English language qualification and level of income. You may also be asked questions to determine if your relationship is genuine.

Children visa applications

Children under 18 can apply to come to the UK as dependents of British citizens or those settled in the UK or travelling to the UK themselves.

Depending on the circumstances, children can be eligible for indefinite leave to enter the UK or temporary stay in line with their parents.

Suitability and eligibility criteria need to be met.

Additional family member visa applications

An application can be made by an adult dependent relatives, such as a parent or grandparent, to join a family in the UK. However, the criteria are very difficult to meet and the evidence required is demanding.

Our spouse and family visa solicitors

Our specialist team of personal immigration solicitors in Newcastle upon Tyne and South Shields have many years experience in dealing with all types of family applications. Most of our clients are recommended to us by their family members or friends who we have helped.

We can advise on initial applications and extensions of stay. We can also represent clients at appeals if an application is refused.

Our Fees

In accordance with rules published by the SRA, as of December 2018 all firms offering this type of work must publish details of prices and personnel undertaking the work.  Please see our dedicated fees page for more information.

Contact Us

You can talk to us by telephone on 0191 232 9547 (ext. 2307) or contact us by email at immigration.enquiries@davidgray.co.uk

Alternatively, you can book an appointment and visit us at one of our North East offices:


56 Westgate Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 5XU 

South Shields:

142 Fowler Street, South Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE33 1PZ

The David Gray Family, Spouse and Children Visa Applications Team

Search the site

Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt