A will can help make things easier for those nearest and dearest to you after your death. Preparing and signing a will allows you to choose what will happen to your assets after your death and who will carry out your wishes. Our specialist team of wills solicitors in Newcastle upon Tyne or South Shields can draw up a clear and straightforward will for you.
The Wills team can also advise on more complex wills. Our team can also help you appoint a guardian for your children in your will and give advice on how to minimise inheritance tax liabilities. Even if you already have a will you may need to make a new one if you:
- move house
- have children
- have children reaching 18 years of age
- have a death within the family
- have a change of financial circumstances
- move in with a new partner
A Living Will is a statement that expresses your views on how you would or would not like to be treated if you are unable to make decisions about any potential treatment you may receive in the future.
The term ‘Living Will’ doesn’t have a legal meaning but it can be used to refer to either an ‘advance decision’ or an ‘advance statement’:
- an advance decision is made if you are concerned about something that could arise in the future. The ‘advance decision’ means this decision should be abided by, and
- an ‘advance statement’ is any other decision you make about how you would like to be treated.
Whatever the situation our Wills solicitors in Newcastle upon Tyne and South Shields are here to help and advise. Please contact us for a quote. We can usually offer a fixed fee. Our fixed fee for a simple single Will starts at £195 (including VAT) and £295 (including VAT) for joint mirror wills for a couple. If your will is complicated we will charge you on a time basis but we will give you an estimate at the outset.
For more information please contact our Wills Department on 0191 232 9547 and ask to speak to a member of our team about your Will, or the arrangements for setting up a new Will.