We cannot emphasise enough the complexity and differences in what is required in a motoring offence case, in the first instance please contact us on 0191 243 8148 and we can outline the fee options available for your case.
We will attempt to provide you with a fixed fee for advice or court representation by specialist solicitors. Please contact us to discuss pricing options; your fee will depend on a number of variables including:
- Nature of the charge (s)
- Location of court
- Sentencing guidelines starting point
- Whether you intend to plead guilty or not guilty
- Anticipated length of the hearing
- Level of solicitor conducting representation
Most clients opt to work on a fixed fee basis. The fee depends on the variables listed above; we have several packages available for you to choose from and will be able to provide fee options once we have the details of your case.
|Charge||Average fixed fee range +VAT (guilty plea only)|
|Fail to identify driver||£250-500|
|Using a mobile phone while driving||£250-500|
Our fees may be higher if your case is out of our area, urgent or you require exclusivity on the day of your hearing.
Our fees include (guilty plea only):
- Obtaining necessary information from Police / CPS
- Legal Review and Analysis
- Providing full advice on plea, mitigation and likely sentence including merits of any challenge to the evidence
- Representation at Magistrates Court by a Specialist Solicitor including further hearings held on the same day
- Written report and advice on outcome and initial advice on any potential appeal
Our fees exclude (guilty plea only):
- Instruction of any expert witnesses
- Taking statements from any witnesses
- Advice and assistance in relation to Exceptional Hardship and/or a Special Reasons hearing
- Representation or further advice in relation to any appeal
Bespoke Fixed Fee
If you wish to plead not guilty, exceptional hardship or special reasons, we will provide a bespoke fixed fee depending on the above variables and the amount of work required. Prices start from £500 + VAT. We will agree with you in advance what is to be included in your bespoke fixed fee.
If you wish this work to be undertaken on an hourly rate basis, our fee ranges from £140-£250 per hour + VAT; this depends on the variables listed above.
The number of hours it will take to deal with your case can vary greatly; we will provide an estimate of hours once we have the details of your case, on average cases can take 10-20 hours.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day
- We will attend court on the day of your hearing and meet with you immediately before
David Gray Solicitors LLP has a Crime Legal Aid contract. If you are on low income please advise us and we will carry out a legal aid assessment. Please note for some road traffic offences, legal aid may be refused regardless of your income if there are no complexities.