liquor licences


Under the 2003 Licensing Act anyone wishing to sell alcohol, hot food or drink after 11pm, or provide certain forms of entertainment has to adhere to a dual system of licensing – personal and premises licences.

There are a number of issues to consider before making your licence application. Our specialist team in Newcastle upon Tyne and South Shields can guide you through the process.  We can help you pre-empt issues that you may face with Local Authorities, Responsible bodies, residents, and neighbouring land or business owners.

We can take care of all application paperwork for you and deal with the authorities on your behalf.

We can provide advice and assistance on a fixed fee basis, thereby helping your business to budget and understand the costs of any legal advice and assistance.  We find that this allows clients to move through the licensing process with certainty and peace of mind.

Headed by partner, Cliff Veitch, and Solicitor, Matthew Smith, our team has wide expertise to provide you with confidence that the application will be dealt with efficiently.  We can also advise you as to other legal issues which may impact on your business needs and any other legal requirements.

We would be more than happy to discuss your plans for your business at your convenience, on a no obligation basis, so feel free to get in touch.

Please contact Hayley Baker by telephone 0191 243 8167 or by e mail

Contact our Team today to discuss your business needs or to arrange an appointment at either our Newcastle or South Shields office.